I want to get offff!!! This carriage called my life is just moving way out of control.
Over the last week our friend has succeeded in killing himself, I went on a two day away research trip, dh and me had a honeymoon day/night and Elrich turned two!!. I am exhausted just thinking about it.
Ten days ago Tommie removed himself from this life as we know it, he was only found four days later. Not a pleasant experience for the cleaning up crew as it is mid summer here with temps in the 30C and a lot of humidity. We are still awaiting the autopsy to tell cause of death. I am not sure at all how I feel about this. I do believe it is every human's right to determine his own life and therefore death, but geeezz this guy was still so young and he had so much going for him. We will miss him dearly as he was a great friend and the best story teller I have ever met. There are a couple of Tommie songs on the radio that will always remind me of him, and the more I hear them the less I understand his ultimate decision.
The research trip was an eye opener and reminder as to how much I have to be thankfull for. We went to a mine and informal settlement in the Limpopo region. The informal settlement has no municipal services at all. About 10 000 people live in extreme poverty in a boiling bowl of dust. No real roads, mud and tin houses, goats chickens and children running in tracks. Beautifull smiling faces and hand made diamant wire mesh. I took some photos and cannot wait to develop said film. I learn so much as I meet these incredible places of hope.
My parents came up for a business meeting and looked after young e all of Saturday, until Sunday morning. Phil an me just took to the road early Saturday morning and eventually ended at a little game lodge an hours drive from home. We slept in a luxury tent, on stilts at a watering hole. Ate dinner like celebs and woke to the crunching munching sounds of Impala and Kudu. This will have to be repeated on a regular basis - what a spoil and much needed rest.
E's birthday and the memorial service coincided - needless to say, we held the party and it was wonderfull. My little boy was a typical two year old and would not share with a soul. Luckily there were way more adults than kids, so fun was had by all.
So now - off to university for the second class of the year and hopefully the students will be as well prepared and enthusiastic as the first time round!!
No comments:
Post a Comment