Pages

Friday, April 07, 2006

All ready???

Yip - we are leaving for holidays tomorrow morning at some dark hour - not that I have packed one piece of clothing yet. Still working to finish some stuff for clients that got behind with our camping in the clinic this week past. Fortunately E got a clean bill of health this morning, well kind off - we are armoured with a whole bag of medicine and back up telephone numbers, but the ped seems to think that clean sea and forest air will be just the thing for him.

I am too scared yet to get excited, so much to do still before I can start thinking that I am on holiday. But I am sure it will start to become reality for me soon enough.

I phoned the Phillipolis people today to confirm our booking, we dont know yet where we will stay in Graaff Reinet, but that is half the fun, Yes? Snacks and medicines are packed and waiting on the kitchen counter and I spend some money on a couple of new clothes and a hairstyle...lol, nothing like 'getting ready' to relax. Besides, some retail therapy after a stressed out week is never a bad thing.

Oh and I got good news today - the book I have a chapter in has been published and the first formal launch is the 6th of June, with press and speakers and cocktails!! I am so excited, it has been a long two year process of which I was not even fully aware, apart from the numerous drafts I wrote after the initial one got accepted. So, watch out for 'Globalisation and New Social Identities: A View From The Middle.' A rather thought provoking book - to certain readers, and my bit is all about identity and communication technology - specifically chatrooms!!! hehehehe, none of you feature there. Funny enough, I joined the boards after the research was completed when I tried to find a way of coping with a surprise pregnancy, lol.

3 comments:

Undomestic said...

So happy for you!!!!

mi said...

How exciting! I love that Retail Therapy is universal to women around the globe. Have a wonderful time. Is your book something we could all grasp? I'll look for it!

cg said...

Mi - I am sure it is something you might enjoy. Don't really know how widely it will be published but if you are desperate (smile) I will see if I can get you a copy.

How nice to have a fellow country girl here!! Pray tell more and hope to see you again. The holiday was really nice and the healing is a process, but at least we are in a process of healing.