So oupa came to visit and took all these photos with his new cellphone! Actually I was feeling like I had a stalker for the weekend, suppose my poor baby must feel like this all the time as I happily snap away!

The new sleek neat look with the hair all prim and proper - and a real pose to boot in front of his art on the bedroom wall.

For those 'foreigners' who know nothing about the SA potjiekos culture - this is the real thing happily stewing away on a wintery Sunday afternoon.

My baby growing up!

The famous 'treehouse' so yes, we indulged in some poetic licence. And my dear dh decided that if there were no branches sticking out it would not be a treehouse at all - now I have heart failure every time it even remotely looks as if e will play/ climb around on it. Fortunately for the sanity of all concerned it is barely a meter high - pheww
2 comments:
What a strong, handsome boy you have there! I love the posted artwork. I keep meaning to do that so he can see how proud we are. What's in the pot?
Lamb stew - straight from the Karoo, made the SA way. Braised with onions and then slow cooked outside, lots of veggies to be added in layers as cooking time dictates. Eaten with 'Stamp', rice or 'pap'. In our case it was a mixture of brown rice and lentils. Yummm - the best thing about winter is the slow Sundays and the food!!
Post a Comment