When I brought my newborn home from hospital, I was armed with the little packed of chemicals that (together witht he b/f) would keep my fertility in check. A couple of months into this new life, I could not stand the chemically induced dryness of my cervix anymore and ditched the whole lot. What a relief to have my 'normal' (well as normal as a new mom's body can be) body back. In stead we opted for condoms, mind you not that we had any real need for anything as dh was hardly ever around......
We have talked often about going back onto the normal pill, but for some reason I am really hestitant bombarding my body with anything chemical. I have a real desire to get to know my body better, my emotions, my biological and physiological workings, all those mysteries of the mind and spirit. I think body rhythms and the flow of energy connects us all to life and forces of life - I want to BE, rather than be controlled. I want to function and to know me. I want to work together with who I am.....but when all is said and done. I do not want another babe - not just yet. I have too much still to accept, I have too many emotions to work through. Maybe I will never be ready and that will be fine as well.
Back to fertility and my body - I opted to find out more about NFP, I like it. I like learning about me and observing my natural body rhythms, the mysteries of emotions and hormones. I have just started a chart. This is not my first attempt but previously I was still bf and it was all over the place.
Now if I can just remember to take my temperature everyday (including weekends) maybe I will start to figure it out soon. Till then, latex will remain my close companion
2 comments:
Not surprisingly, same page here. Let us know how it goes. I think NFP is a much better method for you.
Charting is really fun (OK, so I'm a nerd) once you get the hang of it. Post a link if you need help with it. I use fertilityfriend.com and find it'a great help sometimes. Oh, and the "bible" of charting is Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Good luck!
Post a Comment