This has been on my mind a lot recently.
It really started with me not writing bone honestly about E's report. Why did I not want to reveal all? Simply because I do not want him to be labeled, even if it is a 'good' label and even if it is by people that would most likely never meet him. You see labels, create expectations, expectations by other people might lead to failure.....I would hate to set my child up for failure.
But then back to me, why do I write and post personal details of me and mine on a public space, accessible to anyone....You could even find us through Google I discovered this morning. Is it a quest for immortality? Do I write for the readers or for me? Is this a self serving tool?
Since any number of people could visit here and never be 'known', the idea of writing for readers makes little sense. Unless it is like writing a novel, to anonymous readers. To let them be voyeurs of my life.
Back to the beginning. I started this blog for me. I started writing here because writing is my creative energy. I make sense of the world and my emotions by writing it down. The interaction I get from some readers here, is supportive, interesting and welcome. But it has also started to make me think twice about that which I blog...you know, managing impressions. A big attraction in internet relationships.
But then I have not managed it here any more than in real life. How so? See my real life friends and family do not know that I blog. I have not let them into the inner chamber of detail you lot have been exposed to.I have a desire to be honest here, I want to say what I feel and think. Even if it is not always nice, or politically correct, or whatever. Because here is where my mind lives, here is where I can be both more and less than what I am in real life. So if in future I am bone honest about anyone, just ignore it and do not label us. We are just your regular boring little family.
2 comments:
Sorry if it was my comment that caused you a bit of distress - certainly wasn't intentional. I was more concerned that you were stressed about the comments re his behaviour (and the in the future comment). As it was worded, which is obviously really difficult in a blog unless you edit and re-read more times than we have time, it seemed like you were concerned.
I like the blogs I read - gives me insight into other people's lives and coping mechanisms. I certainly didn't mean anything by my comments. Now am I being too sensitve?
My sister has her kiddos at a Montessori and she loves it. She has tried to explain the philosophy and the set-up (one-on-one time etc) but I can't quite grasp it. I need to see it in action. I didn't realize E's school was a Montessori.
Oh no Ann It was not your comment that made me sensitive, it was my comment back to you that upset me...So please do not apologise. I value your insights and comments greatly. What got me going was my offer to talk to you 'privately' rather than 'publicaly' right here on my blog.
Post a Comment