Today we had a huge altercation in the house. E was screaming and whining for milk and juice and attention so I told him that if he does not stop his screaming and start asking nicely he will go to his room for time out. His response was to look me straight in the eye and spit. Well, needless to say he was send to his room, where he refused to sit on his chair, continued to scream at me and when I left him in the room and closed the door he started banging on it, then opened the door to bang it behind him. I repeatedly took him back, telling him that if he wants me to listen to him he will have to sit on his chair first and apologise for his bad attitude, after the second time, I send his friend home.
This went on for what felt like forever, until I drew the curtains, switched the lights off, locked the door and left him in there until he stopped screaming and started calling for me. At which stage I was talking to him standing on a chair looking through the little window thing at the top of the door (Through which I would have to crawl to unlock the door as it is locked from the inside ;-))
A truce was reached an hour and a half later, when he agreed to sit on his chair and apologise for his bad attitude. So I crawled through the hole, precariously balancing on the door handle to wriggle my body through this tiny space, hang down the other side, feet in the air, unlock and open the door without landing on my head ;-). E went to sit on his chair, but turns his body away from me, when I asked him what he is doing, he flutters his eyelids and tells me 'I am just looking at my bed, first and then I will say sorry'
So I had a loud coughing fit of laughter with a very concerned little boy patting me on my back and telling me that 'that is enough coughing now, mommy, look at me' to which I doubled up in another serious fit. When I regained my composure I asked him if he wanted to say something to me. He gave me his most beguiling smile, flashed his eyelids, crawled onto my lap and curled up against me and whispered ' I am sorry mommy I screamed at you, and I am sorry I spit at you, I will not do it again...now please can I have my milk and go soek Joey?'
1 comment:
Oooh! So stubborn! They sure are funny though.
Post a Comment