Pages

Monday, June 09, 2008

The Pox

I was slightly irritated with Phil when E came home on Saturday covered in what I thought was mosquito bites. Later that day when I bathed him I noticed little spots on his groin area as well and thought...ok that is it. There must be a flea infestation at 'daddie's big new house' so I covered my kid with Zam-Buk...a tried and tested local herbal ointment that works for everything from chapped lips to insect bites. As I walked into school this morning, near on two hours late....another story all together ;-) I was informed by the school secretary that chicken pox are doing the rounds at school and near on half of E's class had to stay at home. A light dawned on me slowly. So after permission from the school, I dashed of to my meeting at a farming community (80km's north) and dashed back to pick my infected offspring up from school.

Did I mention that I have deadlines stacked the one on top of the other until I leave for my Greek holiday in July?? That E will now spend most probably the next ten days at home with me...... and that everything that went wrong in the house this afternoon got blamed on 'the black circle chicken pox made me do it mom'

No comments: