yes, up to now I have kind of lived in rented accommodation. A roof over our heads, a place to work, sleep and while away hours.
Inside of me a desire, a pressure, has been building for a home. A cozy place of refuge, a quiet little 'me' place. I started searching the For Sale boards. Checking out property websites. Devising plans for how I could afford this little nest. Then I realised. I have everything I need right here, I just need to move into it. I need to make me a home right where I am staying. It is perfect. Somebody else takes care of everything, all I have to do is live here. No added stress, nothing.
So I bought Stephan some breakfast (E's godfater and Phil's younger brother) and dragged him all over town with me. To find a couch and a TV cabinent (yes, we have been sitting on the floor and then later on funny looking garden chairs and the TV stands on the floor). He accompanied me with the patience of a saint. From one shop to the next, across town and back. And this on his holiday. But I got what I liked. To be delivered soon. I will post before and after piccies in the near future.
Stephan's advice and patience and general interest in my wellbeing was a soothing balm on my spiky nerves. He has a true artists eye combined with a practicality and feel for life like few other people I know. I have to say 'thank you'. What was interesting though, was how everybody just assumed we were a couple.
3 comments:
Well, it's about darned time!!! :)
I agree, what took you so long! You need to "own" your life, that's all for now! Happy nesting! I just ordered new living room furniture as well. :)
I have lived in transit mode for the longest time. I am not sure why. I do feel ready to settle now though. I am a bit of a slow mover in things emotional, I think ;-)
Post a Comment