Pages

Saturday, February 07, 2009

On waffles and more

E and me went for breakfast this morning at the Mugg and Beann, where he insisted on eating a waffle with syrup. My motherly need for proper nutrition could quite simply not allow that, so I tried to convince him that the french toast with cheese and maple syrup are almost the same.

But mom, if they are the same, then why can I not have the waffles with syrup? Uhmmm....why not? My response was the oldest negotiating trick in the book. Divert his attention and convince him based on the funky name of the kiddies breakfast.

This kid's ability to reason logically has left me searching for words more than once now, and believe me that is no mean feat ;-)

2 comments:

Jana said...

Oh, let him live a little, momma! Really, you make me feel like the worst mom ever. My boys eat an Eggo waffle with a few dabs of syrup just about every morning for their (first) breakfast!

cg said...

lol Jana - maybe I am too strict with my kid and what he can eat for breakfast ;-0 I do lighten up later in the day though - until late afternoon as dinner is the next important meal on my menu. The link between nutrition, health and behaviour is just too well researched in my house ;-p