Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

Fresh new faces

They are gathered all around me, these new, young, would-be sociologists. We are discussing my course material, stuff I have lovingly pondered over for close to a week now. With eyes big the one asks 'do we have to read every single one of these references?'

I can only stare back and nod affirmative 'Ya, you do' Thinking, why would I spend hours researching the stuff if I did not expect anybody to read it.

Now, I know chances are that only 2 hard working little souls in the class of 13 will even come close to doing the proper preparation. But still, do they have to be so obvious about it? A pretty little blonde quirps ' so what about my social life then' I had to ruin it for her by telling her that she is now grown-up and a social life is something mostly left to the odd weekend.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

OOOHH, this post made me cringe. The nerve of those twerps!!! I thought it was just middle schoolers!