If there was anyone out there wondering what the fuck happened after the conversation - I do apologize. A mix of life and emotions kept me far from my keyboard.
The conversation was had and it was a really short one at that. The outcome was that we have decided to work on the relationship rather than keep some divorce lawyer in business. If I have to be blatantly wretchedly nasty honest - I have to admit that I am not sure how I feel about starting all over again. Which is why this is back to school for me. I have a distinct feeling that we will not be able to pick our relationship up from where we left it. Here I am referring to nearly two years ago, shortly post partum and all those beautiful things.
The following was decided - and it irks me that it is was all my suggestions and that P just agreed to it.
1. We will go see a marriage councilor, I came up with a name and a number and have been trying to set an appointment for this coming week.
2. We have a house meeting every second week in which we objectively discuss stuff - anything is open for discussion. Another of my ideas - can you see where this is going?? Even in the discussion (we have had one) I am doing most of the talking. We have however ended with a list of what each had to do for the next two weeks - mainly sorting stuff like wills, finances and admin. The next meeting he will have to chair though.
3. Weekly sessions where we just talk about the week past - the good and the not so good stuff.
4. We each get two weeks in which to organise special family time - one week with all three of us, the next we organise a baby sitter and it is just the two of us, just making sure we spend time together and build a relationship in stead of just existing. This last week was the first of those and I organised for the three of us to go to the zoo - it was a really pleasant trip and e fell asleep about half way through but us adults still had fun.
5. when my parents come up for their business meetings every quarter they will look after e one night so we can have a sleep out time spend together.
I think our biggest thing after the birth of little one was never spending alone time together - so we will try and rectify that and with time and counseling we might be able to build a strong future for us together instead of just living in a madhouse ratrace of big city career lives.....Or so I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment