Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Balmy Days

The weather has turned and the days are lovely. All I want to do every weekend is have a picnic somewhere next to water and trailing willow trees.

Recently, I cannot help but make comparisons between my life now to what I experienced this time last year.

In 2005: E just started school in August, and I started working for TEBA, doing their SLP's. We had to move during August as Kia (our dog) misbehaved and got us thrown out of the previous place, which was a lovely big farm house. I was a single mom mostly as P spend all his time 'working late', whilst fucking his business partner. I now refer to the debt he occured during this time as his 'fucking debt', scuze the pun. (I cleary still have anger issues here as I can just feel my heart rate increasing, pushing up my blood pressure and setting my mouth in a grim line). In another entry I wrote the beginning of August I was clearly playing with the idea of leaving p, but wanted to wait a month or two to sort myself out financially and just get into a better frame of mind. Little did I know then that he bubble would burst the first weekend in November - mainly because I started to put more and more pressure on p.

In 2006: Still busy with SLP's but for another company with totally other mining houses. I also have another client which is not related to mining at all and might be my entry into growing my little business a bit. E is doing well in his school and I do not feel guilty dropping him there at all. In contrast - I feel like an ogre for fetching him in the afternoons as we have a tantrum nine times out of ten because he wants to continue playing with his friends! My personal finances have made a total turn for the better and I can with confidence say I am independant financially, nothing as liberating as knowing that you are not in 'jail' anymore. This has restored balance in my relationship with p. I have to admit, the road to a secure and happy family has been emotionally really rocky for me and I am hesitant to announce that we have arrived. But I do believe we are making progress. As a very good friend of mine used to say - as long as your lows are higher than your previous lows, you are making progress.

We have started to talk about buying a house together, now for me, that is a huge commitment and one that would indicate a serious emotional 'deposit' from me. So on some days I look at the property market and others I just nose around to see what a rented cottage will cost me. I am finding it extremely difficult to throw myself 100% into this relationship, if all I really want to do is hold back in fear of getting hurt. Even though I realise that by holding back I am increasing the likelyhood of having this whole thing steer on the rocks.

3 comments:

mi said...

You sound cautiously optimistic here. I'm interested to see where you steer your boat next. Wherever you take you, know you have support from all the way around the world.

mi said...

You sound cautiously optimistic here. I'm interested to see where you steer your boat next. Wherever you take you, know you have support from all the way around the world.

Ann said...

You do seem more positive - I do hope the lows get only but higher and you both can create the best environment for little E (whatever that may be).

Best wishes.

PS - please don't talk too much about the weather. If it is getting nice there, it means it is turning here.