Pages

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Snippets

It is SNOWING IN GAUTENG!! The last ime this happened was twenty years ago. We went from 22C yesterday to ice cold snow today!!

Our bedtime routine with E at night includes quiet play, stories and then a snuggle under the blankets. The snuggle bit with E is my bestest best - recently he has started to cup my face in both his hands, put his forehead against mine and then fall asleep. I must admit, I am addicted to it

I worked more than 200 hours over the last three weeks, yuck!! We got a new client yesterday and I am project consultant. A bit of an up in the responsibilities - so that is nice. Have to outsource some of my other work now though. Starting to think about expanding the business.

I went to a bookshop and bought a copy of my book today!! I have NEVER felt as smug as I did when I paid for it at the counter. Who would have thought that I would need to do that to really feel good about my accomplishment! I think it really sunk home today. So La-la land - your book is bought!!! Thank you for the patience ;-)

I bought myself a beautiful, tailored, pig skin leather jacket today!

2 comments:

mi said...

I hope that new jacket is lined. Wow is it cold! Enjoy the snow. It is an oddity here as well, and I still have fond memories of that.

Did you point out to the clerk that you are an author of said book? I totally would have done that!!

cg said...

LOL, no I did not point my contribution out at all - I just wore this silly split face grin all day.

And it was probably my feeling of soaring success that got me pulling money out for expensive accessories like fully lined tailored leather jackets!