Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Loosing my cool

Ack, today we had a public tantrum. I threw the tantrum and E ignored me, well actually, I threw a tantrum because e ignored me....then he would not push his trolley at all (this is in the local super market buying nappies and nanna milk.)

First, he ran around at the speed of white light, screeching around the corners into unsuspecting, but very patient shoppers (Cari was it you that said Cam did this to you? and here I was thinking we had some time still to get to that). So I told him if he cannot walk nicely with the trolley, I am gonna take it away from him. Then he refused to move even an inch - just imagine shoppers piling up on both sides of our little tableau in the middle of an already overcrowded, after work tired isle. E just stared at me through angry lashes, if I touched the trolley - a loud screech with "los uit mommy, los uit (leave it)" and more glaring. Well, stalemate was had until I took a five litre box wine of the shelve and proceeded to the checkout point - hell if I can't have copious amounts of good red, what is the point?

E tattled along and joined me in time to offload the stuff I bought, including some matchbox cars I did not put in the trolley. When I asked him if he brought his money (I was just taking a chance here) he looked very concerned and said that his money is gone. Believe it or not, but he took the car off the counter and deposited it on another shelve as he could not find 'his money'. Mommy bowled over completely, again. Maybe he just enjoys keeping me off balance at all times.

4 comments:

mi said...

So, did you buy the cars?

It seems like the ratio of toddler size:level of potential frustration is exponential sometimes! Fortunately, even great is toddler size:lovability.

Undomestic said...

Don't you just LOVE taking kids to the grocery store? Yes I wrote about the grocery cart fiascos. You should see when I am forced to bring all 3 kids and the 2 boys think they both should have their own kid's cart. What an adventure!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you deserve the 5L wine (your wine comes in 5L receptacles, yikes I wouldn't do so well as I lack discipline when it comes to my wine).

Grocery shopping - I finally gave my twosome - pulling the buggy with the third in it. It makes everyone laugh at the grocery store. And the brake will stops them in their tracks - they can't pull a double buggy full of Declan and groceries quite yet.

Glad you survived.

cg said...

Yikes I can't even imagine taking another kid with me to the store. No not me - would not cope I am sure!!

And I did not buy the car, when I told the story to phil he could not believe that I did not buy e the car....was that nasty? mind you I was feeling fairly bloody minded by then myself.

Ann, we can buy 750ml of wine here but I discovered a really good cheapish red wine sold by the 5l, so that is our daily, yes daily, dinner drink. Now we only buy 'nice bottles' for special occassions.