

The weekend at the elephants - unfortunately most of my photos did not come out as my camera was on the wrong setting. I almost feel as if I have to whisper when I admit to this autrocity (yikes). It is the ranger, E, my mom, dad and myself on the lefthand Ellie - named Themba, and Phil is on the younger and much more feisty Mabitisi
. Here Themba is going through his exercises, kneeling down on command and getting a reward for his obedience. (The game ranger is rewarding him with some cubes which is why he has his trunk on his head)
Getting closer to this gentle giant - the softness of their seemingly coarse skins is just mind blowing.
A lazy Sunday morning - E watching his all time favourite 'The incredibles' . We have to rearange our lounge so the couch can be parallel in front of the screen for him to watch in comfort.
Sleeping all cuddled up to Kia
And he is just LOVING his swimming lessons. Today the teacher said that he is just a water baby - like a little fish in the water. I am soooo glad, he definately share the genes
4 comments:
Great pics.
Look at you with your "saddle sit!" Does it have a similar feel as Shanie's saddle, or completely different? Did they give you any interesting instructions?
I love the pics of E on the couch and with Kia. The couch pic is so cute to see him completely relaxed and sprawled like that. Afternoon bliss.
The one with Kia is just precious, making me want to nuzzle the two of them like that. Very very sweet.
Love the pictures!
Wish E and Shef could be pals in real life.
The African Elephant is huge and keeps growing till the day they die, of starvation not old age. The guy we rode on was 22 years old and still a youngster in elephant years.
Mi, I did not notice my shoulder, hip and heal body posture until you mentioned it!! The motion of a moving ellie feels totally different to that of a horse, and funny enough the elephant is the one that feels as if they are walking very carefully on eggs or something. When I asked the game ranger he told me that they walk on their toes and feel most of what is happening through the soles of their feet. Amazing aint it? They did not give any instructions or anything, just shared about the ellies and their history and daily routines.
That would be a lof of fun kc! I will have to budget for a visit to the US......
Post a Comment