I have been bothered by the dating site and what felt to me my inability to manage the interactions there with integrity. I think it is in the very nature of the medium, people expect that you can communicate via the net for a couple of emails, share some photos - meet for coffee/drinks/lunch and then you either madly in love or you do not speak again.
I enjoyed the conversations with different people and had a lot of laughs at odd hours of the day and night as I did not take it seriously and just enjoyed the feeling of having company at your 'finger tips' But meeting the people and reading the desperate desire for acceptance in their eyes, every single time, freaked me out. These people are emotionally just too needy, and I am in no place to help them or share some of myself with them. It upset me so much that I deleted my profile from the site. I really feel at peace. I think I draw other people's emotions into myself too much. I did however share my email address with a couple of people i have talked to often and who's company I have really enjoyed. Hopefully we could become friends over time and have some fun together. I am meeting one guy next week, he seems to be looking for similar things as I am and he is a big outdoor fan. We are having dinner at my favourite little joint and then he leaves to walk the whale trail down in the Eastern Cape for a week.
So let's see what the future hold
With E, I am not sure how much he was affected by the Joey scenario. We have often spoken about saying no and telling mommy, but he did not come and tell me about this. I have been really carefull to not make him feel like he did anything wrong as well as getting the right message home. In the mean time he is spending weekends at his dad and will remain to do so until we have moved to a new place. During the week I will just make sure that we get home from school too late to play outside. I have told him though that he cannot play with Joey anymore as Joey does not play nicely.
1 comment:
The unconscious wish has already made its way to the day remnants, either during http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=Bodenplatten the day or at any rate with the beginning of sleep, and has effected a transference to it.. 9, in the Third Range, and settled on the Minister's Lot, In the new towns in Maine, the http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=444800+capito+leder+sneaker first settled minister has a gift of a hundred acres of land...
Post a Comment