Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Taking work to the bushveld
One of the joys of working from your cellphone and your computer is that you really could do it from anywhere ;-) and not too long ago, I did exactly that. I packed the bag and the kiddo and we joined the grandparents at Dikholo, a small game farm not too far of the beaten track

High on the mountain at a lookout - we spend quite a bit of time here looking at the animals and the beautiful vistas of endless rolling hills and bushveld. A little Dassie was warming itself in the sun. These little animals are normally quite shy, but not here, I am not sure if their strength is in their numbers (they were everywhere) or whether they are just so used to living in close proximity to humans that they have become quite tame.

The resort seen from the lookout point. It is beautiful, if a bit overdeveloped

We went for a walk one morning fairly early and I decided to leave my long lens...I am in a game farm and I left my long lense. I know, unbelievable. I was very frustrated halfway through as we got very close to the animals but the short lense just does not do them justice. I played hide a seek with this giraffe for a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am quite behind in my blogging...sorry I haven't responded to your posts for me. But thank you for thinking of me and I appreciate all your little notes of encouragement to help me get through this.
E is looking so incredibly ADORABLE!!!!! Your pics are amazing!
Post a Comment