Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The end of a chapter


I am very sad to say that other people that know nothing of the meaning my car had for me, decided that they need her more than I do. What for, I do not even want to begin to imagine, but she is gone. For me, at least.

This signals the end of a period for me and even though I am very sad at it, I also have peace and an inner knowledge that this happened for good reasons. Whatever that might be.

I bought my bakkie exactly two years ago and she was my birthday present to myself. A celebration of my new life as a single mom and a very visual message to all that cared to see of my new found independence and search for adventure. I loved all the road trips I ever undertook with her and she helped me to come to terms with many fears and insecurities. Driving my truck on the long open road always opened up my heart and my thoughts, it transported me to freedom. I never felt lonely when exploring with her. The sheer size of her forced me to slow down. I will miss her but I do understand that I need to move on. That I need to develop new skills and that the near future for me will look slightly different. This does not mean that I will never replace her, just that the timing now, dictates something different.

No comments: