Pages

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Loosing an internet friend

I recently lost a very dear internet friend to cancer and I keep checking her blog obsessively on a daily basis. Each time hoping and thinking that the last entry will be different. That she will still be around, sharing her life and her family with me. But she is not.

I do not even want to consider what her family must be going through to try and deal with and accept the loss of her. We miss you, Cari

3 comments:

AmyRobynne said...

I've checked her blog now and then over the past few years too and found the last entry yesterday. I was able to find the obituary online in my local paper. I wish I'd known last week so I could have gone to the funeral. Just so sad.

JJ said...

I thought I was the only one who checked her blog looking for something to change. It's tremendously sad.

I found your blog from hers. The two of you are both fascinating women.

mi said...

I kept checking as well, somehow hoping for some ray of light. I guess the fact that her blog exists, that her wonderful humor, and love for her family was documented, and that I was so privileged as to have read her story for the last five years is the ray of light. People at work didn't quite understand my tears the day I read that last post. That's ok. They don't need to.