Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Big school

We are nearly to the first mid term break and now only do I post the pictures I took of Elrich's books we had to cover for Grade R. Marking his entry into slightly more formalised schooling.

He is a die hard Bakugan fan


Can I say that I cried to think my little baby is so grown up, that time flies so quickly? Nope, I am afraid, those were not the sentimental thoughts that occupied my mind as I struggled with the paper and the cellotape. Not at all. I was thinking about the long hard slog ahead of my kid, the many many more books we are going to have to cover in the years to come. I remembered the conversations I had with my mom as she covered my books - in a very demure, brown paperbag kind of way.

My kid got bored with the task at hand long before I was done and I had to fight my way through with sticky cellotape fingers, book covers pulling in opposite directions and that tricky bits where you tried to flatten the paper with one finger, whilst holding the back of the book up with your chin and sticking the proper bits down with your pinky. In the end, the job got done and E could be send of to school with halfway cool books to help him on his way in this quest for knowledge

No comments: