Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

A certain melancholy

Today I feel the hamster in the wheel so acutely. Running and running in circles. Living a life of…what? Futility? Being alive because I am not dead?

Maybe I just worked too hard this week. Maybe it was the Women in Mining Conference. Facing the hard facts again of the inherent risks associated with mining, men and women working underground in very harsh conditions. Both sexes preferring that to the alternative. However, women are literally carving a way into this environment because it is better than subjecting themselves to their traditional roles in the villages.

Or maybe it is none of that and it is the insecurity and fear of building a business and a brand in this industry. Becoming more and more visible whilst I would really prefer to hide somewhere on a beach, ride a horse and have somebody else take care of the world.

Or maybe it is just that we are walking such a fine line every day. Between happy and sad, alive and dead, fulfilled and frustrated, confident and scared, loved and rejected, successful and forgotten

It must be PMS

No comments: