Pages

Monday, June 05, 2006

Grading papers

So after yesterday's over indulgence in good red wine, I have to finish grading all the papers today. I have been silently suffering through badly written essays for long enough now....This takes the cake:

Since they are worried about money, there is a new idea for the toilet role business. What's good about this idea is that globalisation can tell the world it has arrived. What the tile role business can do is create a new toilet role. On this new toilet role they can print the freedom charter on it. This is the sad reality of South Africa . Equal rights and equal opportunities are reduced to the value of toilet role. Such situations can make one vomit.

The above is an unedited rendering of the original intellectual contributions my students are making regarding globalisation and neo liberal policies. Whilst I appreciate and agree with his viewpoint, this is a long paper in post graduate studies. Comparisons with anal functions are a little bit out of place, I would think.

No comments: