So on our way to school this morning E piped up from the back
Mom, look, I am strong and I am going to break these strap me ins (the shoulder straps for his carseat) open like dis - and the hands enthusiastically illustrates the much desired feat. I revert with, so are you superman then?
NOOOOOOO MOMMA, he screams at me, I am NOT superman, I am ELRICH...the superheros are not here, it is me. The superheros are only in the stories on the tv, they are not people.
To which I listen in absolute amazement......no fantasy, just the hard reality of superman that are not here and not real. I am sure it must be a conversation they often have in school.
Which reminds me of a little tale his one teacher told me the other day. She has purposefully been mispronouncing his name in school, apparently he gets really upset with anybody that mispronounces his name (tell me about it) and he became the butt of jokes as the marjority of the children are English first language and they cannot pronounce the Elrich properly. He also refused to join the children if they called all the boys to do stuff as he is not a boy, he is Elrich and will only respond to his name. Really stubborn little thing, apparently it is starting to get a little bit better now and he does not react to all the teasing as much either.
3 comments:
My Max was doing the same thing. "I not a boy...I Max!" Today he was dressed as Pablo the Backyardigan from the Nick jr. series and my mom called him Pablo. He got so mad. "I NOT Pablo...it's just a costume. I am MAX!"
That is so cute! Since forever I have called Kawena "Goose", and she has just now started correcting me and saying "I'm not Goose, I'm Kawena!" I a little sad about it, because she [i]is[/i] my Goose!
We have the opposite. Hayden is Sweet Pea and Logan is Sweetness. If I mix it up, they correct me.
Post a Comment