Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

In denial

I think Phil is in denial about this whole divorce thing

I went to his house to drop E off for the weekend and it was raining and E was sleeping so it was a bit of a mad dash to get him out of the car and his bags and the gate (electric fencing and locks and all the trappings of SA life) So when he was eventually in his dad's arms and they had all his toys and bags I ran after them to give E a little good bye kiss, and Phil turned his face for a kiss as well. I just looked at him and could see he was embaressed, you know, that feeling when you do something out of habit that you did not think about?

It was ok then, but on the way home I could not see the road for all the tears...

1 comment:

mi said...

Wow, awkward! I guess that although it is sad that your relationship found it's way to that sad, weird moment, it is still better to have an inappropriate, habitual kiss offered, rather words of hate. E will benefit more by the awkwardness. Stay strong. Nobody said it would be easy.