
Who is this little man that lives in the house with me? That is so serious, but such a clown. That loves pranks and bedecks me with jewelry, brings me flowers and kisses and tells me at least five times a day how much he loves me.
He is a popular little kid in school and definately a cool dude with his tatoo (stick on) and his cut out t-shirts, airoplanes and wild jungle gym tricks. His best mate's name is Keabetsi, who wears a baseball cap backwards, bright green dark glasses and just turned five. Between the two of them they rule the roost in school. His teachers adores him, often comments that he is smarter than he lets on and am amazed at how abstract his thinking patterns are.
The most difficult thing in life for him is to say please. He understands that it is a necessary evil whenever he wants something but would prefer to demand to get what he wants. It never works, not with me. A project manager of note that is often instructing everyone on how they must do everything. And of his 'other' grand mother he says 'She must learn my ways' I can see that they might clash - I have never warmed up to her either. It is funny to me that that set of grandparents think he is cheeky and my parents think he is just intelligent. Needless to say, he gets on a lot easier with my parents.
He has a very clear understanding of concepts such as death, money, going away and working to earn a living. I have never really discussed death with him ever, but he often talks about it. He does not leave the house without his wallet and constantly raids mine to transfer the loot to his. He is starting to understand that different coins and denominations has different values and will ask what the price of something is so he can see if he has enough money to buy it.
His favourite toys are airoplanes, balls and anything to do with water. Matchbox cars are very difficult to pass by in a toy isle and if only I could find a proper spaceship, that would be the ultimate toy. He got some cash for his birthday and I took him to the toyshop on Monday - I was surprised at how easy he understood when a toy was too expensive to buy and how he knew exactly what he wanted and settled on something so easily for the exact amount that he had in hand.
I am still amazed at how much he has grown in such a short time
He is a popular little kid in school and definately a cool dude with his tatoo (stick on) and his cut out t-shirts, airoplanes and wild jungle gym tricks. His best mate's name is Keabetsi, who wears a baseball cap backwards, bright green dark glasses and just turned five. Between the two of them they rule the roost in school. His teachers adores him, often comments that he is smarter than he lets on and am amazed at how abstract his thinking patterns are.
The most difficult thing in life for him is to say please. He understands that it is a necessary evil whenever he wants something but would prefer to demand to get what he wants. It never works, not with me. A project manager of note that is often instructing everyone on how they must do everything. And of his 'other' grand mother he says 'She must learn my ways' I can see that they might clash - I have never warmed up to her either. It is funny to me that that set of grandparents think he is cheeky and my parents think he is just intelligent. Needless to say, he gets on a lot easier with my parents.
He has a very clear understanding of concepts such as death, money, going away and working to earn a living. I have never really discussed death with him ever, but he often talks about it. He does not leave the house without his wallet and constantly raids mine to transfer the loot to his. He is starting to understand that different coins and denominations has different values and will ask what the price of something is so he can see if he has enough money to buy it.
His favourite toys are airoplanes, balls and anything to do with water. Matchbox cars are very difficult to pass by in a toy isle and if only I could find a proper spaceship, that would be the ultimate toy. He got some cash for his birthday and I took him to the toyshop on Monday - I was surprised at how easy he understood when a toy was too expensive to buy and how he knew exactly what he wanted and settled on something so easily for the exact amount that he had in hand.
I am still amazed at how much he has grown in such a short time
No comments:
Post a Comment