Don't allow sentimentality to hold your emotions hostage
O my, how profound is that? It so hit the nail on the head. And now I understand the weird emotional space I have been in lately. The more fun I am having with John, the more I am missing Phil. Weird, yes? I think it is not too different from the stage I went through just after Nè Dean died, where I could not do any of the things we used to do together. Holding onto the past, a past that was forever gone.
When I actioned the divorce I did it because I believed that my marriage was dead, beyond resurrection. I still believe that, so it is the same as if he died. There is no going back, it simply is not an option. All I have to do, is to let go of the past, and embrace my future.
1 comment:
Easier said than done, my friend. Embrace your emotions so you can move through them.
Post a Comment