After some soul searching and deliberation, I decided to host it at my place, to invite his dad, his dad's family, joint friends of ours and my family. All the people that would have been there if we did not get a divorce last year. Now whether that is me holding onto the past or me wanting my kid to have all the significant others at his birthday, I am not sure. But the end result was a wonderful party, everyone from the youngest child to the oldest adult had a lot of fun and the guests were here from 11 in the morning until nearly eight that night.
It left me in a shocking emotional state - I am so stuck in the middle between not being able to move on and not going back, it is not even funny. But that is a whole new post. I am starting counceling again tomorrow.
All the little ones eagerly awaiting the cake to be cut!
1 comment:
Yea! I'm glad the party went off well. Despite your emotional sacrifice, I'll bet E was really happy to have all his people there.
Post a Comment