When I told young master E that we are going to the doctor for his checkup his very insightfull reply was ' No mommy, we must not go to doctor, doctor is dangerous' I could not help but agree with this youthful wisdom.
When I shared this titbit with his very nice elderly Irish gentleman of a doctor (he has the Sean Connery purr and all in his speech), he was just ever so slightly offended. Or taken aback - I think he prides himself in that he is very childfocussed, so much so as to be almost rude to the parent. A sucker was offered as a peace treaty, always an effective bribe.
On a serious note though. All is fine, no permanent damage or scars of the physical or psychological kind, I dont think in any case. For future care, we have to encourage him to pull his foreskin back across the penis head, ever so gently and just clean the exposed area with water, no soap. To begin with we just kind of help him to get the idea, now he is very proud to show of his new skill to anyone that cares to see, or not! (ahm for clarity sake, you don't force anything, just kind of go as far as you can each time and I promise, all will be revealed in good time!)
1 comment:
I am relieved (can't even imagine your state of mind). Interesting comment on the gentle exposure - will share with my husband as I somehow don't think I could go there. [I do the girl things with Kathleen and I will delegate the boy things to husband!]
Post a Comment