Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Process of Making Progress

When I used the be a professional showjumper I had this mantra that it is 'not that their is no pain, it is not minding that it hurts' closely followed by 'you only learn to ride by falling off' Both those pieces of wisdom is true, to me, for everyday life as well. We only ever learn from our mistakes, and then sometimes the same mistake has to be made numerous times before we catch up to ourselves.

This Easter stands out to me as emotionally an extremely painful detail in the overal process of our healing. But we are closer together and he has agreed to go see a councellor. In actual fact he has had his first appointment already and will go again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

I applaued you for your efforts to keeping it together. When so many other people would have justifiably given up, you stuck with it, and I'm sure you're much stronger for it. You go girl!