Pages

Friday, December 02, 2005

Last day of school

I have just fetched E from his last day at school. This time of year is always heavy with endings and full of the promise of the future.

Something I have had to let go of all this week - the future. Those dreams of a happy family going on happy family outings and spending happy, safe, family time together. At least I know that I have to let go, even though, it is no easy task.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Just saw your blog from a comment you made on Savvy Mom's blog.

Wish you the best of luck in your struggles. But it seems like you have your child's best interest at heart, and right now, for his sake, that's what's important.

But don't forget to take care of you.

My blog--www.undomestic.blogspot.com

cg said...

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog, cari. Yes, at the moment it is easier for me to look after e than to look after myself. But I do realise that at some stage in the near future I am gonne have some sort of breakdown or something. I tend to do that, once all the dust is settled and everybody else has moved on from whatever the issue was.