Next week Friday we are set to leave for 10 days holiday!! I am very excited to go, even if some little sceptical voice keeps telling me that something will happen and we would not be able to go. This voice has been so convincing that I have left confirming our booking so long at the one place that we lost it - fortunately I could find another little place close by, a bit more pricey but as nice and they gave me a 10% discount on the overall booking. SO I paid the deposit, and confirmed that we will be there. I still have a nagging feeling that something are gonna prevent us from going, maybe it is just all the disappointments over the last two years that is raising its ugly head here??
Well here is a link to the place we are gonna stay at www.forestedge.co.za, isn't it just totally gorgeous and romantic??
We are taking a slow drive down there, it is about 1,200 km. First night we are sleeping in a little town called Philippolis, who has the dubious reputation of being in the centre of SA, and one of the oldest towns in the freestate http://www.philippolis.org.za/ . Our plan is to leave home Friday night and get there in time for breakfast and E waking up. After a relaxing day spend investigating the town and surrounds we want to drive to Graaff - Reinette the next day http://www.graaffreinet.co.za/, where I want to go the Valley of Desolation and Nieu Bethesda http://www.nieubethesda.co.za/. WE will be in this area till the 12th of April, after which we drive down to Knysna, Forest edge and my best friend's wedding Saturday the 16th of April. I think it will be fun and we are visiting places I have never seen as an adult.
After all the crazyness of March, a relaxing quiet holiday in beautifull scenery with good food is just what we need!! Now lets hope it all happens as planned.
1 comment:
That sounds like such a wonderful trip. Take lots of pics so we can live vicariously through you when you get back!
Post a Comment