Everything is conspiring against me making a success of this darn Customer Satisfaction Survey - first it was the clients who insisted on being an integral part of the fieldwork, who did not bring their side and caused the whole thing to run three weeks late. Now three weeks late when you are already on a tight schedule is no fun. Then the away trip for my other client came up the day after I got the results back from the CSS. Another week gone as I had to capture and analyse their results first - see, they pay per hour and if I invoice before the 13th of the month I still get it that month. Very important survival money, as my other client pays at the intervals throughout the project and the last payment will be at the end of the report. Which brought me right up to mom's party and the final arrangements for that, in the same week Phil and I had a couple of though days/nights and I missed another day. So, effectively I was left with ten days to do the analysis (of 400 odd variables, that must be recoded etc) and write a report that will go the Premier's Office, be published, and directly influence the pockets of about 3000 people working in local government.
No pressure girl, except that now Elrich is sick. I had to fetch him from school early on Monday, yesterday he stayed home with me. I am gonna send him to school this morning, but my heart is in two. The poor little guy has an awfull cough, at least the fleghm is white and his nose is not really runny. He is also eating fine and seems to play and run around a lot so it cannot be too serious, right?
2 comments:
Of course you made the right decision to send him. Going to school will do him good. He'll have fun playing with the friends he's missed the past couple days. His spirits will be up and thus his immune system will be working stronger. And so in turn, he'll feel better......Am I relieving any of that mom guilt yet?
Lol Cari, I'll keep you around!! He was absolutely fine, in actual fact, he threw a tantrum when I went to fetch him as he was having so much fun playing with his friends he did not want to come home to boring old mom....But yes, mommie guilt and professionalism is in constant argument in my heart!!
Post a Comment